Pages

1 Corinthians 16:9
For a great door and effectual is opened unto me, and there are many adversaries.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Ministry Updates

The last few months here have been exciting.  For one, Jessica and I were married :).  The Lord blessed us with beautiful weather for our outdoor ceremony, and with the wedding of our dreams.  After vacationing for a week in Ottawa, Ontario, we returned back home and began to settle into married life.

I am thankful for the opportunities God has given me here.  I continue to preach on a regular basis.  Two weeks ago I had the privilege of visiting two different Canadian Churches.  The first one was Berean Baptist Church in Oshawa, Ontario, where I was able to preach the Sunday morning service.  Their regular pianist had just had a baby, so Jessica was able to fill in playing the piano for the service.  On the way back home, we stopped in Barrie, Ontario and attended Heritage Baptist Church.  We were blessed to meet with Pastor Pennell and his wife and family after the service and get to know them better.

Last weekend, we had a great opportunity to evangelize.  It was the annual Summer in the Park Festival here, and that meant a lot of people out and about!  Jessica and I made our way down to where they had a mid-way set up and passed out tracts!  Unfortunately, neither of us counted how many tracts we distributed, so we have no idea, but we do know a lot of literature got out that day :).

I continue to preach weekly at Near North Baptist Church.  Pray that the Lord gives me clarity and understanding as I study his Word.  Also, pray that He would continue to give me the messages He would have for me each week.  Jessica and I also continue to minister at a local nursing home weekly.  We are thankful for the precious souls that come out to hear the singing and preaching each week.  We are getting details worked out for the Bible study at the University and College that will begin this fall.  Pray that we are able to secure a room to meet in, and that the Campus will let us advertise the study.

This week, we will be heading to Tennessee for a quick visit to see my family.  Many of them could not make it to the wedding, and we wanted to go down and see them before the fall.  Pray for safety as we travel.

Your Servants in Christ,
Kendall and Jessica Wadley

No comments:

Post a Comment