Today is July 1st, also known as Canada Day, which is the day Canada celebrates its birth as a country. Last year on July 1st, my wife (who was still my fiance at that point) and I spent the afternoon and evening passing out gospel tracts at our waterfront Canada Day celebrations. We will be doing the same thing this year, and then taking in some fireworks at the end of the day.
We are grateful for every person who has prayed for the church and ministry in North Bay over the past several months. God has truly been good to us! Here are a few of the highlights of the year so far.
1. On December 15, 2013 I was voted in as the pastor of Near North Baptist Church with 100% of the vote
2. In January we had the opportunity to travel to Carlton Baptist church in Ottawa, Ontario to present our ministry. Everyone was so kind and welcoming to us there. We are thankful for the prayer and financial support of Carlton Baptist!
3. In February we made a very quick trip to Tennessee for the funeral of my sister Karla. The Lord called Karla home after a two and a half year battle with breast cancer. Karla had a strong Christian testimony that continued even through her funeral. Despite the circumstances, we were blessed to be able to see family and spend a few days with them.
4. In March we had to opportunity to travel to the United Kingdom. I preached a total six times while in the UK in churches in Oxford, Brighton, London, and at a youth rally in Birmingham. Jessica and I also sang several times. This was an opportunity for Jessica to see the work I had been involved in in the UK, and to meet many friends that had never had the chance to meet her or come to our wedding.
5. In April we had the chance to have a table at the Powassan Maple Syrup Festival. Despite a very cool, rainy, and windy day, we were able to give out several hundred tracts and invitations to our services. We were also able to give out a Bible to a young lady who wanted to learn more about Christianity.
6. In June we had two young men from Crown College join us to help in ministry. One is staying for a month, and the other will be here for at least six months. They have been busy going door to door, passing out tracts on Main St., helping in nursing homes, and preaching. Please pray that we will see many visitors as a result of our outreach.
The most encouraging thing that has happened over the last several months is the salvation of three precious souls! Please pray that these will continue to grow in their new found faith.
Several months ago, Jessica and I were the only people present for our Sunday evening and Wednesday evening services. Since April, we have seen visitors in every one of these services. Our high attendance on a Sunday night has been 14, and on Wednesday evening we've had up to 10 people! We thank God for the increase and give Him all the glory! We could not do it without His blessing.